Decadent and satisfying, this creamy Italian soup is sure to be a favorite! It has sausage, kale, and sweet potato in a coconut milk based broth making it a balanced meal to ensure you are full and satisfied for hours! Now close your eyes and envision the rolling hills of Tuscany as you sit back and enjoy this hearty soup!
1/2 pound of sausage (ground turkey works as well)
1 small yellow onion
4 garlic cloves
2 small sweet potatoes peeled and diced
1 cup fresh kale (stems removed)
1/2 full fat coconut milk
16 oz Organic chicken broth (beef broth works well too)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon pink salt
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- In a large pan, cook the sausage, breaking it apart as it cooks. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- In the same pan sauté the onions until they are translucent.
- Add the broth, fresh garlic, and seasonings and bring to a slight boil.
- Add cubed sweet potatoes and allow to cook for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Add the cooked sausage, coconut milk and chopped kale and cook for another 1-3 minutes or until kale has softened slightly.
- Serve and enjoy or store refrigerated in an air tight glass container.