Berry Crumble Mini Cakes
Valentines Day is coming up and what better way to show your loved ones you care than by making them a homemade V-day themed treat that's packed with healthy ingredients and taste amazing. Enjoy them fresh out of the oven with grass fed butter and a drizzle of raw honey or have it for dessert with a scoop of 1 ingredient banana nice-cream! They just crumble apart as you dive in with a spoon and it will be love at first bite!!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut shreds
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (thawed)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 maple syrup or monk fruit powder
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a heart shaped silicon pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a separate smaller bowl, crack the 3 eggs and beat until yolk and white are combined. Add the remaining wet ingredients.
- Slowly pour wet mixture into the large bowl with dry ingredients constantly mixing.
- Once completely combined add the thawed mixed berries until well mixed.
- Using a spoon, scoop the cake mixture into the silicon pan and lightly push down and fill to the top. (The texture won't be like smooth cake batter which is what gives the crumble like consistency)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned on the top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 mins and carefully remove from the mold by pushing from the bottom of each mold up.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of raw honey or non dairy ice cream on the side!