Matcha Almond Milk Latte
Matcha is the purest and most nutrient dense form of green tea. It is a great source of L-theanine which is one of the rarest nutrients that makes you alert, yet calm, and helps with learning and memory. It also contains one of the most powerful antioxidants, EGCG, which is known for its fat burning and cancer fighting properties. Studies have shown that matcha inhibits an enzyme required for cancer cell growth and is found to kill cancer cells with no negative effect on healthy cells. EGCG can boost your metabolism and help you get rid of stubborn belly fat making this one powerful superfood to include in your routine!
This dairy free, refined sugar free, creamy Matcha Almond Milk Latte is packed with health benefits that will make you feel great inside and out!
- 1 tsp matcha powder (link to my favorite brand)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp raw honey (optional)
- Place matcha powder in a mug and pour a small amount of hot water (around 3 tablespoons) over it and whisk (using a bamboo or metal whisk) removing all clumps until the matcha is completely dissolved.
- In a small saucepan, heat almond milk and coconut butter over medium low heat and once almond milk comes to a soft boil, turn off the stove.
- Pour almond milk into the mug with the matcha and carefully transfer mixture to a high speed blender. If desired, add honey into the blender.
Blend on low speed for 30 seconds, or completely blended, then raise to medium speed and blend for another 10 seconds and immediately turn off.
Pour blended latte back into mug. Foam will form on top of the beverage. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.