Chocolate Banana Loaf
This Chocolate Banana Loaf is paleo, grain free and is naturally sweetened by the bananas and maple syrup. Enjoy a slice for breakfast, as an afternoon pick me up or even for dessert! It is a rich, moist and healthy chocolatey treat that is easy to make and delicious.
- 2 over ripe bananas
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey/maple syrup
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (+ 2 tablespoons for topping)
- ¼ pink teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl Place bananas in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add eggs, coconut oil and maple syrup and mix well.
- Add coconut flour, cacao powder, salt and whisk together removing any clumps.
- Fold in chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan spreading evenly. Top with remaining 2 tbsp chocolate chips.
- Bake for 60 mins in the preheated oven. Remove and allow to cool for 5-10 mins before slicing.