Savory Eggs in Tomato Sauce
1/2 bell pepper
2 green onions or 1/2 small onion
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup of water
3/4 cup tomato sauce
1 tablespoon tomato paste
3-4 pastured eggs
Salt + Pepper to taste
- Dice onion, bell pepper and tomato and sauté on pan over medium high heat for about 6-8 mins or until softened.
- Reduce heat to low and add water, tomato sauce, tomato paste and minced garlic.
- Mix well, cover with lid and allow to simmer for 8-10 mins, stirring every few mins.
- Crack eggs on top of tomato mixture making sure to allow space between each egg.
- Cover and allow to poach for 5 mins over medium-low heat, or until the whites are cooked. (if you like your eggs fully cooked, you can let them cook longer so they aren’t runny).
- Enjoy hot with a side of fruit and veggies!