Cinnamon Apple Muffins
Cinnamon and apple may be one of the best combos discovered. These autumn inspired muffins are dense with cinnamon flavor and are full of warmed apple pieces that you get in each mouthful. This grain free, refined sugar free recipe is naturally sweetened by pure maple syrup and the natural sweetness of the seasonal apple! This is a great dessert option when you are craving something sweet and warm during the colder months.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 medium sized apple
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2-4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon powder, pink salt and baking powder mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the 3 eggs first and then add the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract mixing well.
- Transfer the wet ingredients into the medium sized bowl with the dry ingredients continuing to whisk until completely combined.
- Dice the apple into small pieces and fold into the muffin batter.
- Pour batter into the greased muffin pan filling almost to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once done, remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Spread a little grass-fed butter or ghee (optional) onto the warm muffin and enjoy!